Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Beast in the Rafters

My understanding of the events going on in my dreams is getting fuzzier, so I'll try to make sense as best I can. I think I was living in a ski lodge with several other students and a headmaster. The lodge was high up in the mountains and it was night time. The Olympics was going on down on the slope below us and we were watching them on a small tv screen. I started hearing strange noises from the rafters above. Some people noticed the noises and were frightened by them, others didn't. Just then, I was grabbed by the back of my shirt and pulled up into the rafters by large beast. I didn't ever see it in the light, so it was hard to tell exactly what it looked like, but it was hairy. The beast spoke to me and told me it meant me no harm. It came to warn me that there were other more dangerous beasts outside our lodge preparing to take us all one by one. It was absolutely terrifying. It took a while to convince me that this creature that had grabbed me was truly on my side wanting to warn us. He said that he would send me back down to the floor and that I would have to convince the others the truth of what he said. To help me, he spoke strange words into the darkness and made a strange movement. When I looked down, my hair was all grown out and black and curly. He said this would be a sign to them, a sign of evil, and that I had to show them and explain its meaning. As soon as my feet touched the floor again, I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment