Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ocean Scrapers and the Elders of Our Planet

Three nights ago, I dreamed that I was hanging around the docks of a port. I don't think I was supposed to be there, so when people came by I tried to hide. One man spotted me and he yelled at me to get over here because my shift was coming up. I had no idea what he was talking about, but I went with it. I boarded a large ship with several other college graduates I didn't know. Five minutes later, we set sail for the ocean, the Pacific Ocean. After about an hour of sailing we came across a strange sight. We sailed past a city floating in the Ocean. It was completely isolated. There were no roads, no bridges, just sky scrapers and water. It was a secret Wonder of the World. The only people who knew about were the people who worked on this particular ship. We all stared until it was out of view again. Apparently, our destination was an old folks home on an Island west of South America. It had an island to itself and our job consisted of appeasing the residents. I think they were like our ancestors and guardians. We protected them and entertained them so that our race would continue. If any resident, old as they were, passed away....so did part of our history and culture. It was like Spock going back to save the Elders of his planet. (Sorry, we just watch the new Star Trek movie)Somewhere in there I woke up, and there the story ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment