Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Garden of the sun god and his infestation of Multi-Colored Jello Elephants

It's hard to say exactly where I was. I think Spain. I can't even remember all the parts to this story. I think it was a three-parter, but I only remember the last one well enough to share. I went over to see my friend, the sun god. He happened to be in human form for the day. He was in his garden when I arrived. His spinach was not turning out the way he planned, so he was trying to harvest what little he could. To harvest spinach, you take an empty bowl and push one end down into the soil and wait for the spinach juice to run into the bowl. You would scoop it up and sniff it to make sure it wasn't too old and then whip out your handy dentist-like suction tube that would take all the juice directly to your barn full of jars. The sun god had a very big problem though. His garden was infested by very small multi-colored jello elephants. So I helped him de-jello elephantize his garden until his grandmother came out and scolded me for trying to keep one as a pet....and that's all I got for now.

2 comments:

  1. I really don't know why she would scold you. Jello Elephants make the best pets, really. Especially if you can make them feel at home in an aquarium with turtles. As distant biological cousins, they get along quite well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. especially when eaten. (the jello elephants, not the turtles)

    ReplyDelete