Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Prince of the Danes, the Potomac Crisis, and the Gypsies

The Prince of the Danes, his sister and I were fishing on the bank of the Potomac when we heard over the radio that a large, scary, angry grizzly bear was running wild in the area intimidating people. We dropped everything and ran for the truck, but it was too late. The grizzly was already standing in the driveway in front of us. The Prince and his sister got in the front to drive off while I dove into the covered bed of the truck. Unfortunately, when we tried to floor it, the bear simply grabbed on to the front corner of the truck. He was 'hugging' the front end of the truck while snarling and being angry at us. We continued to drive, freaked out. We pulled up to a restaurant were I knew the waitress was carrying tranquilizers on her. I brought her out of the car to give our big furry nuisance a shot in the back. He had cornered my friends. so I ran up behind him and plunged tranquilizers into his spinal cord. He froze in place and fell over sideways. 
At some later point the sister was helping the waitress tranquilize animals in the restaurant while the Prince and I continued on down the road in our truck to see what all the noise was traveling our way. We didn't get very far before a tank ran us off the road while fleeing from the rising water of the Potomac River which was climbing alarmingly up the road after us. We tried to illegally U in the middle of the road, but the truck was taken by the water. We struggled against, but couldn't quite escape the surging current. We were pulled out by a bunch of gypsies who insisted that we take a turn through their mall. They owned such an awesome shop (on a cliff way above the water). I was wandering through when one of the gypsies asked me what I was planning to do with my future. I told her I was going to be a videographer. She was really into the idea and showed me some of her finest linens which I should of course take for the interview I will need to get my job. I think I stepped in some other dimension as I was following her because I was sucked outside. There were lines of tv moms passing me and one stopped to harass me, but I definitely wasn't about to take anything from her. We started fighting and wounded her ego, so I won. I found my way back to the gypsy shop, but when I did the gypsy woman told me there was someone waiting for me out in the parking lot. I made my way out and my best friend from Baltimore, Mandy, (we grew up together there until she moved away to Georgia. We were good friends for a long time afterwards too, until my family moved to Hagerstown) was standing there. I ran over to her and hugged her, but she was a actually a ghost. She could hug me, but I couldn't feel any of it. I introduced her to the Prince of the Danes and we all chatted the afternoon away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment