Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"We're all just Pterodactlys in the Snow Globe"

I lived inside a snow globe. It was cold and wet. More importantly, I was chosen by the "others" (a strange tribe of people living inside the snow globe with me) to join them. Joining the "others" was basically an invitation to become mysterious and study the giant pterodactyl family nesting in the canopy high above. No one had ever managed to climb the tree and get a closer view of the pterodactyls. I was on the ground at the time being told that I was chosen to join the "others" because I was special (ha, like I haven't heard that before). As I began climbing around the mini forest in front of me, chaos hit and everyone scattered. Chaos of the mind, that is. Instantaneously, everyone became confused and dispersed. When I regained control of my mind, I was sitting in a white room, a very white room. I had landed on a couch in a youth group room with a bunch of people I vaguely knew. One boy leaned over to me on the couch and said " we're all just pterodactyls in a snow globe." He smiled and turned away again. The End.

2 comments:

  1. I suppose it may be important to mention that everyone is aware that they are trapped in captivity....including the pterodactyl family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's also entirely possible if not likely that the chaos bomb was an outside force shaking up our snow globe.

    ReplyDelete