Thursday, February 26, 2009

Magic Pastries and the Ukrainian Soccer Team

I was part of a tennis team. We were traveling around the world. We stopped at my apartment in Berlin to stay for a few days. The appliances weren't working, so mom and dad came (from the US) to visit, to fix, and to rearrange things for me for the day. When I came home later for our team meeting, many of my ceramic plates had split in two. I was distressed, but decided to put it in the back of my mind because I was excited about our team meeting. Out team was made up of mixed doubles players (some I recognized from different points throughout my conscious life). My partner was a boy I had met on one of my Young Life trips. Anyway, in the middle of our meeting, a girl from the Ukrainian soccer team came over to tell me I had been selected to participate in some strange ritual with her team. She was one of only two girls on the team. After much debate and assurances from my teammates and partner that they would step in if I was in danger at any point in time, I went with her. I joined the Ukrainian soccer team in their tent across the town. They were a little hard to understand because of their thick accents, but I managed. They told me that I had compatible genetics for flying. How they knew my genetics, I have no idea, but flying sounded like fun so I went with it. They handed me a magic pastry of power. I didn't want to take it because I thought they might try to poison me. After many of them had eaten their own magic pastries of power and pushed off the ground into the air, I had to try it. It totally worked. I ran out into the field after them and pushed off the ground. I soared up high into the air since the pastry was fresh in my system. It was like swimming, except in the air. It was really fun, but eventually the pastry power wore off, and I slowly drifted down to the ground again. Once everyone was safely on the ground again, they told me that this was how they had been winning their games. They tried to convince me to join their team since my genetics were compatible like theirs. They said I was really meant to be one of them. I refused, so they suggested that I invite my team over. They joined the two teams together and taught my team the ways of the pastry power. Last thing I remember, it was night time and members from both teams were shooting around in the sky above the city. It was wild.

1 comment: